In 1959, Hitachi opened the Cairo Representative Office, its first office in the MENA region. In the more than 50 years since, Hitachi has pursued its business efforts in the MENA region with the goal of advancing social infrastructure in the region. Drawing on the support of its customers, it is currently expanding its business activities for this region, deploying the business network of branches and offices in the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, and Egypt. Based on a corporate credo maintained since its founding-to contribute to society through the development of superior, original technology and products-Hitachi intends to contribute to the continuing industrial, economic, social, and educational development of the MENA region.
The Hitachi Group currently engages in business activities of the following categories in the MENA region:
- Large-scale infrastructural development projects, such as power systems, railway vehicles and systems, industrial systems.
- Urban development projects, such as elevators, escalators, and air-conditioning equipment
- Solar power generation systems and energy conservation systems
- Water treatment, including desalination and tap water and sewage
- Educational solutions
- Data centers
- Construction machinery
- Medical electronic equipment
- Digital media & consumer products, such as home appliances, TVs, and power tools
Hitachi also handles products and technologies in categories other than those mentioned above. The Hitachi Group is firmly committed to earning ever stronger trust from the market, based on the fusion and coordination of strengths in each of these business areas.
Video: Hitachi Group's Engagement in the Middle East
The Middle East is developing rapidly due to the inflow of oil dollars. This video shows the activities of the Hitachi Group in this region covering a wide spectrum mainly focused on the social infrastructure.
Our Middle East and North Africa operations cover the following countries:
- United Arab Emirates
- Saudi Arabia
- If you are looking for companies located in the Sub-Saharan region (SSA) region, please visit Hitachi Sub-Saharan website.
Hitachi, Ltd., Middle East Branch is an important facility, coordinating the activities of the Hitachi Group in the MENA region.
The Company's lines of business are outlined below:
- Serving as representative liaison for Hitachi, Ltd. and Hitachi Group companies in the MENA region
- Providing support to achieve increased sales and orders for Hitachi products
- Providing operational support and assistance to expand the MENA businesses of Hitachi Group companies
About Hitachi Group (Headquarters)